Friday, July 29, 2016

Day 2

Yesterday I started "eating." Basically that meant clear fluids such as bone broth, tea, and juice. I had broth for 3 meals. I didn't care much for the juice because the sugar msde.my teeth feel icky. I was provided alcohol free mouth wash to help with that.
After we got home all I wanted to do was nap since i hadn't been able to the night before. I slept intermittently for 3 hours while my husband went to to home depot.
When I woke up, I really wanted chocolate milk. It had hit the 24 hour mark since my surgery ended, so I figured what the heck.
My kind husband made me feel carrot juice. It was soon mesay though, and the pulp got stuck in my wires and a little bit in my incision. It took fifteen minutes to get it all out. I also had more bone broth.
My jaw started spasming quite a bit if I tried to talk much or took off the ice pack.
It was a rough night. Abby woke up twice and I couldn't get her because I'm not allowed to lift more than 5 pounds. It was quite frustrating.
Drank sone vitamin c water and kept replenishing ice packs.
The second tme Abby woke up, I nursed her and then she was put back to bed.
The swelling in my face is getting worse. It's supposed to peak on Sunday and then start to go down. Great. And the spasms in my lower jaw really hurt.
I am able to open and close my lips a bit and can feel the sides of my mouth. The bottom of my nose, upper lip, bottom lip, and chin are very much numb.
Beloved ice pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment