Tuesday, July 26, 2016

1 More Day


Okay, so it literally took a pillow beating from my husband to get me out of bed today. Between boughts of crying and stuffing my head in the pillow, there was lots of praying too. I also woke up with yet another blood shot eye. I know its not sleep deprivation related. I've had eye issues since last November. I've probably been on 4 different prescription eye drops to deal with it. Sigh.

Today I've been assembling my hospital bag. The only things they said I needed to bring was my Kaiser Card and Photo ID. I'm bringing all my meds just in case. I want to make sure I have the right ones. There's nasal decongestant, saline moisturizing spray, mouth wash, several syringes, Q Tips, liquid pain killers, including Children's tylenol, ibuprofen, and hydrocodone. Yay drugs.
I also have to get my ear piercing taken out and see the orthodontist for my kobyashi ties. These will be used to wire my jaw shut for 10-14 days. I'll post a picture of what I look like with them in.
My surgeon (Dr. O) had mentioned I needed a palatal arch put in by my orthodontist When I went to him today for the ties, he seemed confused about it. He said that for a bi maxillary osteotomy (wow thats a mouthful), it shouldnt' be needed, and that he had called Dr. O's office and hadn't heard back. Soooo... hopefully we don't run into any issues tomorrow.

Oh and its 106 degrees today in Livermore...and our water had to be turned off because apparently the water main has a leak and it was leaking on the other side of the street. So no water for 3 hours. I'm trying not to be in a bad mood about all this, but its a lot to be going wrong in one day. Ive also had this kink in my neck for 3 days.

So a word to the wise...dont wait until the day before your surgery to get your ties put on. Give yourself more time. I put it off to the last minute because i thought the ties would be a major inconvenience, but they actually arent that bad.

Sorry this is a bit of a negative post. I know God is in control of all things.

On a brighter note, my baby has been making cute spitting noises.


See? The ties actually arent too obvious. 


Tomorrow's the big day!! Prayers appreciated. 

2 comments:

  1. Praying it will all go well. And your recovery will be speedy. You are right God is in control but it's also ok to be a bit nervous etc. Hoping it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete